Saturday 18 October 2014

bold black


It was Thursday, and to say that my patience for waiting for the weekend was wearing thin, would be an understatement. To recap the end of my schoolweek, it went a little like this: notes, work, yawn, eat, work some more. OH, I also occasionally fell asleep in class, and had Starbucks delivered to me (I love my friends), as well as had friends take pictures of me asleep (I hate my friends). Oh, how I can't wait for the weekend.




Over 50% of all my favourite outfits are either a) monochrome, or b) all black, so it's not very surprising that my wardrobe choices often lack colour. Although, what I lack in brightness, I try to make up for with patterns and textures! I wore a simple collared sweater, with pearls for the collar, that really reminds me of vintage clothing (I simply adore it). Underneath, I picked out a simple floral skirt, and went for sheer tights and black ankle boots (I had black and white polka dot socks peeking out for just a little pop!). Lastly, an outfit is not complete without a cute jacket in my opinion, so I went for my classic leather jacket to give the looks the edge it needs.



Close-up of the pearls on my collar! Like mentioned, I just love the sweater since it reminds me of the 50's/60's, sort of like the Breakfast at Tiffany's look. Don't know quite how to explain it, but I just simply feel much more put together with the pearls, instead of just a simple white collar.


My leather and I are now one, we will never be apart. PS, my nails are super chipped, oops.


Black on black on black on sheer black.

As soon as fall comes around, my love for patterned socks always hits me like a train. They are just so cozy and festive, and even the smallest and simplest of patterns make an outfit just so much more... fall?? Basically, this little blurb is to say that a) these socks made my life, and b) the closer it is to Christmas, the more I will wear cute socks.



OUTFIT INFO:

Sweater: A store in Gastown (similar)
Skirt: Topshop (similar) (similar)
Leather jacket: Topshop (x)
Tights: Drugstore
Socks: Mother's closet (oops) (similar)
Ankle boots: Topshop (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment