Friday 10 October 2014

one for the road


It's official: American Horror Story: Freakshow is only one episode in and I am in love. Other than obsessing over the show, or just being plain moody and tired (yes, I'm sadly that person), I spent the day looking forward to the theatre crit show that I was going to watch that night. It was Avenue Q, and my god, let me say that it was... unforgettable. Hilarious, extremely crude, and very lively (unlike my outfit).




 It's safe to say that American Horror Story has heavily influenced my style. Even though Coven was not my favourite season plot-wise, style-wise it was. Feeling a little bleak, I decided to go for a monochrome/ mostly-black look. I started with my black maxi skirt, and decided to toughen it up with a leather jacket and ankle boots. To make the look a little lighter, I wore a white t-shirt, and layered some necklaces. Damn, I wish I was the Supreme.




My latest obsession with all-black looks is to take pictures with them with my hair all to one side. I think it's because part of me has always wanted to have a half-shaved head, but then again my hair looks like ramen and Skrillex, so....


Awkward necklace tucked in my shirt, oops.


I got this leather jacket on sale during Boxing Day, I can't remember if I mentioned that. Leather + pleating + detachable fur collar = instant purchase.


My go-to jewelry thing is layering two necklaces. It's so subtle yet adds just the right amount of umph to an outfit. Crystal necklaces go with everything, and you can never go wrong with a necklace of the first letter of your name.



OUTFIT INFO: 

Leather jacket: Topshop (x)
White t-shirt: Topshop (x)
M necklace: Topshop
Crystal necklace: Urban Outfitters (x)
Black maxi skirt: Brandy Melville (x)
Ankle boots: Topshop (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment