Tuesday 23 September 2014

add it all up



 You know what I find completely and utterly useless? The fact that the first day of school was literally an hour-long assembly where all the VP's and the principal and the counselor, and the long list of other heads just have a quick speech about stuff that a) we already know, b) we don't really care about, or c) both. Nonetheless, because I am an extreme keener, I still attended. Knowing that today wasn't going to be special, I just dressed pretty casually, since with Vancouver's weather, you never know if there's going to be a rainstorm or heatwave in the next 5 minutes. Thankfully, our assembly was at 11, and not at 8 like some of the other grades (godbless), so we got to sleep in and not waste the entire day. Score! After the assembly, we got our schedules, and I hung around the school for a bit, saying hello to familiar faces that I haven't seen since exam time in June. I left the school with a group of friends, to relax at my house for a bit, and then once we got bored, we went for a quick trip to Metrotown. Me and a few of my friends bought the cutest (somewhat) matching planners and pencil cases, and this excites me because the one thing I love about class is notes! I seriously get obsessive about my colour-coding. Anyways, once we were done, we headed home and I took quick shots in a random alley across the street from my elementary, and proceeded to take a 2-hour nap (that's a quick nap in my definition). Once I awoke, I went to Staples with my parents for last-minute back-to-school supply shopping, and then just spent the night doing what I do best: absolutely nothing on the Internet.








Like I mentioned, I didn't really want to dress up for an hour-long assembly. It was chilly in the morning, but since I knew that Vancouver could easily heat up by the afternoon, I opted for layers, but not too many. I started by wearing a patterned button down that I absolutely adore, and just threw on my favourite jeans. Usually this would be enough, but I got really into the fall mood, and threw on my Aritzia trooper jacket, with leather sleeves to add edge to the look (plus it matched the shoes). I threw on Doc Martens instead of riding boots, my second option, since I wanted to go for a more grunge look. Plus, I heard it would rain. Lastly, I went extremely minimal on the jewelry, opting for just a simple jewel necklace that would peek out from underneath my blouse.

I love the print on this shirt. Is it a plus-sign? Is it a cross? Am I a math fanatic or do I just like prints? No one knows!!



Words can't explain how much I love my Docs. Sure, I could always just go for my ratty old combat boots instead, but there's just something so... English(?) about them. I think it's because they remind me of the old British punk bands, and somehow, despite my extremely lame exterior, I feel just a smidge cooler with these on.





OUTFIT INFO: 

Jacket: Aritzia (x)
Shirt: H&M
Necklace: Topshop
Jeans: American Eagle (x)
Boots: Doc Martens (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment