Tuesday 9 September 2014

lovelace


Despite the title being clearly the last name of an adult film star, this outfit is not the least bit racy, do not fret. Once in a blue moon comes a day where I feel like not being an asshole but like being just a slightly bit generous; yesterday was one of those days. One of my closest friends had been feeling under the weather for quite a while and I decided to be Superwoman for a day and deliver her ice cream and chocolate (where's my Nobel Peace Prize?). After I returned home, I met up with my other friend, and we did what we do best: watch Maury. Honestly, it's so entertaining, you can't deny it (like a family where the guy cheats on his wife with her sister and he's the father?! Priceless.). Later on, after she left, I once again met up with another friend (it was also one of those rare days where people actually wanted to see me!1!1!!) and we went to a cute little cafe not too far from where I lived called Cafe Joie. We shot there and bought some macaroons, and of course, took pictures of the macaroons. I mean c'mon, if you went to a cafe but didn't take pictures of the macaroons, did you really go to a cafe? 
























There is nothing I love more than wearing a monochromatic outfit. Seriously. I find you can never go wrong with such classic colours, and I love how there are endless ways you can create a monochromatic outfit. You can play with textures (hence the lace shorts), and patterns (my jacket), and it can all be tied in with basics (my shirt and booties) as well as you can add a pop of colour (my bag). So easy, yet always so nice. Love it.



Here, have a close-up of my jewelry (which I wear religiously) and my patterns!



I am not exaggerating when I say that I live in these boots. It's only been about a year since I first got them and it literally looks like I've trekked to hell and back. Oh well, they're classic and cute. Ankle booties are life.


Here, have a picture of the macaroons we ate!




OUTFIT INFO: 

Jacket: Topshop
Shirt: Oak and Fort
Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Skull Bracelet: Brandy Melville
Watch: American Apparel
Rings: Eye & Band - Topshop
            Jewel - Grandmother's
Bag: Kate Spade
Shoes: Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment