Saturday 13 September 2014

coven catastrophe

*BRIEF NOTE: I WILL BE DOING A PHOTOSHOOT SOMETIME NEXT WEEK (HOPEFULLY) IN THIS SAME OUTFIT WITH JUST MINOR ADJUSTMENTS AND IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION. I'LL KEEP THIS POST UP BUT JUST A NOTE THAT I'LL HAVE A SIMILAR POST OF THIS AHS-THEMED LOOK NEXT WEEK AS WELL.*


My love for American Horror Story has no bounds. Ever since the Harmon family first moved into the creepy but also stunning Murder House, I have been hooked. Last season's Coven got me really into the whole Wednesday Addams/ Creepy Witch/ Whatever else you want to call it look, and once I got this Brandy hat, I knew that at least once this summer, I had to make that look happen and that Gastown was the perfect place (something about the area is just the perfect mix of chic and ratty). I met up with one of my closest and oldest friends, and as per usual, we did not know where we were going to go until we left my house. We ended up at a nice little cafe called Coffeebar, where we chatted briefly, then spent the rest of the day aimlessly walking around the beautiful area. Of course, at one point we teetered on getting lost in really sketchy areas (note to self, if a homeless person asks you if you know where you are and thinks you're a tourist, you should probably leave ASAP), but for the most part it was fun. We also bumped into my other friend there, who ended up joining us. What a small world after all. The day ended with me, and 2 other friends (I'm frankly too lazy to mention who goes in and out of my day) watching the first 3 episodes of Murder House. Constance Langdon just gets better each time.




As you can probably tell, this outfit is purely inspired by season 3 of AHS (also I mentioned it in the first paragraph so..). I think it first started when all the girls along with Queen Jessica Lange strolled down the streets in their all-black outfits that I just thought "If you can't be the Supreme, then you can always dress like one." I found this romper (surprise! It's not a dress!) in Zara on Boxing Day, and needless to say, once I heard it was on sale, I was sold. The hat, I'm not gonna lie, I purely bought for witch-like purposes, but I guess it works on other outfits too. I kept the look pretty...dark, to say the least, but I just love this gosh darn bag so much I couldn't keep it at home. Perhaps that weakness is why I'm not the Supreme. Darn.




Close-up collar action. If I'm lazy, I can always just be a witch or Wednesday Addams for Halloween. Score.




Just one of the many alleys that we were about to have a nice long shoot in before two guys came by and said "This isn't the nicest place to be." Fun.


By the way, meet Maggie! If you know me in real life, this paragraph is super redundant, but if you don't basically I've known Maggie ever since I moved schools in grade 4 and she was supposed to show me around but ditched me at recess and lunch. Needless to say, we've kind of gotten over that and she's one of my closest friends and a fantastic photographer, and she can also be a butt sometimes but that's okay because she puts up with me.


Also, here's Allison! Maggie and I bumped into her whilst walking around Gastown, and we literally were just talking about her when we looked up and realized she was walking towards us. Apparently, she did the same so wow, double whammy ( I need to stop saying that).



OUTFIT INFO: 

Romper: Zara
Hat: Brandy Melville 
Bag: Kate Spade
Shoes: Topshop (similar)
Watch: American Apparel
Rings: Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment