Wednesday 10 September 2014

save rock and roll


There is something really fun about dressing up and getting ready to look like a total badass. I don't know what it is, but a basic black leather jacket has the power to turn just about anyone from another, average Plain Jane into the leader of a 50's biker gang. Even though I didn't exactly have the most exciting of plans, I decided that while I'm celebrating much-needed Me Time, I might as well go all out and have fun with it. I spent the first half of the afternoon alone, going to a cafe (of course) to enjoy some alone time, editing blog posts, eating donuts, and drinking coffee. I returned back to my house to meet up with friends to do a bit more blog editing (I have a tumblr now, if you haven't checked that out!), but mostly just... relaxing. There's not really much that we do. Thankfully, it's still bright and warm in Vancouver so ending the day off with an evening stroll is still a perfectly normal thing to do and I don't have to worry about being kidnapped on the way home. But maybe my leather jacket will protect me from the bad guys. 



I'm a big believer of not picking out my outfits until the very last minute, and often times I'll just choose one item that I really want to wear and centre my whole outfit around it. Obviously, yesterday was the leather jacket. Words could not explain how happy I was when I found it that the weather was breezy enough for me to get away with a leather jacket in the morning (of course, later on it became extremely hot but we can ignore that). I'm also really obsessed with layering any and all of my tank tops with my black bralette as I find that the hint of black peeking out under the shirt makes the outfit a lot more interesting. Of course, one can never really go wrong with jeans and a good pair of boots, so I wore my favourite skinnies and my ankle booties (get used to seeing multiple posts with those boots on, I seriously live in them). To finish off the outfit, I had to put on a dark red lip, and while I don't usually wear my glasses all day, I was kind of in an Alex Vause mood so I decided why the heck not. 



Here's a close-up of my shirt and the necklace I wear quite often. I'm in love with the people on the shirt, I don't know about you, but to me they kind of remind me of a modern-day Ramones pair. There's something so 70's punk and British about it, I'm hooked.

During Boxing Day of last year I was in desperate need of a new leather jacket. The old one I had was a couple years old and had a heart-shaped zipper. Yeah, no. As soon as I saw this one at Topshop, it was love at first sight. It: a) had pleating on the sleeves (a huge trend I was, and still am into), b) Came with detachable fur (perfect for the colder months), and c) It was on sale. Needless to say, the jacket and I were meant to be. 


I'm trying to incorporate a little bit more of my day into my posts, so here's a typical picture of my cute coffee and partially eaten donut, as well as my laptop that I took at the cafe during my Me Time. PS, I posted this picture on my twitter yesterday, link to it is on the side (@maikasetiawan). Yay for shameless promotions. 



OUTFIT INFO: 

Jacket: Topshop
Tank Top: Topshop
Bralette: Brandy Melville
Jeans: American Eagle
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Rings: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop 

No comments:

Post a Comment