Monday 8 September 2014

paisley appeal

I always feel like seizing the day on weekends, even if it's the holidays. This is especially true on Sundays as everything closes much earlier, so to make the most of the day, I try to start it early. Now, I admit this doesn't usually work out for me as I love to sleep, but fortunately yesterday I was able to force myself out of bed to have a nice brunch with my parents at iHop. Once I returned (and napped for a while), I went out to Metrotown with my friend to do a little bit of retail therapy. I lost one of my all-time favourite albums recently, The Suburbs by Arcade Fire, and decided to re-buy it at HMV as it was on sale. I also got myself the cutest little tea mug with doves on it that changes colour along with the heat. We shot these pics once we returned to my house, and decided to wind down with some tea (using the mug I just bought) and some good ol' television.




It was unbelievably hot outside, despite the fact that in my mind it's already fall. Boo. I made the most of the warm weather by wearing a classic denim shirt, and some printed shorts, both of which I got from Forever 21. I wanted to try something new, something I've seen one of my favourite youtubers, Jenn Im (clothesencounters), do, which is tuck in one side of my button-down and keep the other one out. Whether or not I succeeded, I don't know, but oh well. I topped off the outfit with a small blue bag (it's way too warm for large purses), and my Madewell sandals. I'm not exactly gifted in the height department so heels on any type of shoes are perfect for me.


I've been looking for a small, simple necklace I can pair with absolutely anything for the longest time. Words can't explain how ecstatic I was when I found this gem at Topshop.

I usually don't wear my glasses all-day, everyday, but when I do it's like my eyes have gone from 360p to 1080p. I can't see far that well, so I usually only wear my glasses in class, or at the theatre, but yesterday, my friend, who usually wears glasses, decided to wear her contacts, and just for fun, I decided to wear my glasses so we could be opposites. Cool? Not so much, I know. But at least now I can see people's faces without squinting.


Fun fact: the first two times I wore these shoes I walked around Manhattan all day in them and I got terrible blisters on the back of my feet. Thankfully, I've finally broken them in, but I still haven't learned my lesson: I still wear uncomfortable shoes all day if they're cute



OUTFIT INFO: 

Shirt: Forever 21
Shorts: Forever 21
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Topshop
Watch: American Apparel
Rings: Eye & Simple Band - Topshop
           Jewel - Grandmother's
Shoes: Madewell
Glasses: Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment