Wednesday 17 September 2014

god save the queen

Around two years ago, I had somehow managed to save up enough money to afford a record player for myself. Of course, I forgot about tax and my dad had to help me, but that's not the point. A few months ago, I noticed that there was something wrong with my needle, and had to order a new one. It finally came in a bit ago, and I decided to celebrate by going down to Main Street, and stopping by one of my fave record stores, Neptoon Records, to see if there were any I wanted to buy. Unfortunately, records are expensive, and I am unemployed, so the trip resulted in me leaving empty handed and heart-broken as I had to leave the Weezer record back in the store. I was with two of my good friends, on our way to meet up with a third, and while we planned to go to the Art gallery, life decided to just take us on a different route for that night. While walking towards a cafe, we came across this gorgeous wall, and spent ages taking pictures in front of it (I almost died when people stopped and stared). After, we decided to ditch the cafe and go to The Warehouse to eat (cheap and delicious, I love it). Before heading back to my house, we did a bit of window-shopping, and then ended the night off with a fourth friend and Insidious 2.




I have always considered plaid as my go-to clothing item for a lazy day. It's gotten to a point where the moment I come into a room wearing plaid, at least 2 of my friends look at me and say, "Lazy day?" Although, while they're right 99% of the time, there are the occasional days where I purposely wear plaid, for more of a dark, grunge feel. Yesterday, was a mix of both. I first picked out a Sex Pistols shirt, since I was in the mood to dress a bit more tomboy/grunge, and the plaid was just a perfect pick to throw on on top or just tie around my waist. I haven't worn these grey jeans in at least a year, so imagine my surprise when I found out they still fit. Fall is finally starting to peek it's head, so I threw on my cutout boots, and picked out a large bag in case I decided to buy any large stuff (I didn't). Lastly, I bought those sunglasses that day at one of my favourite stores on Main, Front and Company. You can always do with a pair of sunnies; I mean, how else are you supposed to look at people without them knowing?


I searched far and wide to find this record, and when I did my heart did a little flutter of joy. I rewarded myself with this shirt. That's not great logic, but whatever.


 I found this bag at a store called 8th and Main. Although, when I first got it, the store was apparently so new that they hadn't named themselves yet. Imagine the looks on people's faces when I would reply to their question of "Where did you get your (insert item here)?" I'd say, "A store on Main with no name."

 I never thought I'd find a person with a head as round as mine, until I met Coco (not so) Tan. That's okay, we embrace our full faces, even though sometimes we tend to look like meatballs or Chinese bread buns. While we had multiple pictures of us trying oh so hard to look cool in our sunglasses, I ended up choosing this one as it's the best representation of both our friendship and Coco as a person. Fun fact: Coco laughs like a donkey. 90% of the time, her laugh is funnier than the joke. And it's the best thing in the world.

 Squaaad. Okay, yeah that sounded as lame in my head as it does here.

Here's a quick picture of Allison, Coco, and I at The Warehouse. I do wish that I got a pic of the restaurant though. It has such a nice feel. It's like a little hole-in-the-wall, and while the music is sometimes a bit much, there will be times where they will play the perfect song, that goes with it's grunge-y, somewhat ratty (but always nice) atmosphere, and the food will just be so mouthwatering-ly delicious, and there is truly no words to describe how great that feels.



 OUTFIT INFO: 

Plaid: TNA/ Aritzia (similar)
Shirt: I forgot (I'm so sorry my memory sucks)
Bag: 8th and Main
Jeans: Hot Topic (I think) (similar)
Watch: American Apparel 
Necklace: Long: Urban Outfitters (similar)
                 Short: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop (similar)



No comments:

Post a Comment