Sunday 21 September 2014

smiles for miles



I bring good news: I finally got my own camera! Fun fact: up until now, I have actually been using other people's cameras for all the pictures on my blog. To say that it was a hassle having to constantly find someone to take a picture and a camera, is an understatement. But a hassle no more! I now have my own camera! As to when I'll be able to fully understand how to use it, that's a whole different story. Anyways, I had a late lunch, or afternoon snack as some might say, with my parents at a cute cafe near West 7th, called Moii Cafe (I think). After we finished our amazing crepes, we basically went all over town, to a Best Buy and a Sony store, to search for the camera that my dad wanted. Finally, we found the camera at Metrotown, and headed home, where I met up with my friend, Grace, who luckily for me, was off her volunteer early, so she could take pics. Later, we were joined with two other friends, and even after Grace left, we all did what we do best: eat, sleep, gossip, and internet. We did all those exciting things until about 7-7:30, and with the extra time (I was surprisingly ahead of schedule with blog posts), I had the chance to watch two Sherlock episodes tonight. I can already feel how sad and anxious I'm going to be once I'm caught up.




I feel like every person has a wardrobe item (or two or three) that is often a conversation piece for them. For example, perhaps you have a stand-out sweater, filled with wacky designs, that can't help but attract strangers and their compliments. These shorts are one of my conversation pieces. Almost every time that I've worn these shorts, I've gotten asked where I got them, and like I mentioned in a previous blog post (although that one was about my bag), at least 3/4 of the time, I had to say, the awkward, "A store with no name." Thankfully, like I mentioned, they have a name now, but these shorts still bring back the memories of that worker at Lush's face when I told him the no-name thing (disbelief? In a not-so-good way? I think that's the best way to put it). Anyways, I paired it with a black shirt, since the shorts are already a stand-out piece on it's own, and put on a statement necklace, so the top wouldn't be so boring. I grabbed a flannel, since I knew it would be cold, and it added a grunge appeal. I decided then, that I would just add to the grunge look with my sunglasses and cutout boots. Comfy and cute, I like it.


 Fun fact: I had a pair of sunglasses that looked just like these that I got from Aldo before the summer started, I broke them in my bag halfway through summer, and words couldn't describe how sad I was. And how much I had to squint during those hard times.

Close-up of the smiley shorts! They're just like the Bart Simpson shorts that circulated the Internet, I think about two years ago, but a tad different (obviously).




OUTFIT INFO: 

Plaid: TNA/ Aritzia (similar)
Shirt: Oak + Fort 
Necklace: Topshop
Shorts: 8th and Main
Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Watch: American Apparel
Shoes: Topshop (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment