Sunday 14 September 2014

pastel dream


Even though the weather is still warm in Vancouver, the fact that it's September immediately puts my brain into "Fall-mode," leaving me stumped on what to wear on these hot-weather days. Yesterday it was cooler than the past week, but sadly still way too warm for jeans and basic layering. I started off the day by going with my friend to Metrotown so I could pick up an album I ordered (the Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Soundtrack. P.S. it's bomb as heck), and ended up accidentally getting a second album for free (I got the Black Keys album. My change was supposed to be $10, but I got $20. Score). We "celebrated" the good luck by going to Cafe Joie for a quick drink and snack before taking shots. After the pics, I went to go meet up with my parents downtown, where we tried to shop for cameras (and failed, we'll try again next week), and ended up at Faubourg Paris. Seriously, at this rate they should have my face somewhere in the cafe, I go there way too much. Anyways,, we went home, and ended up watching an excellent documentary called Terms and Conditions May Apply as well as we started the Sherlock series. I know, I'm a bit behind, but with a show where new episodes come out pretty much once a year, I don't think it's ever too late to start Sherlock (PS, I totally get the hype now, it's amazing).




Like I mentioned earlier, I was quite stumped yesterday morning when I realized it was too warm to layer. This meant I had to search through all my shorts and desperately come up with an idea for what to wear. Thankfully, these gems protruded from the depths of my closet and gave me a great idea for a pastel-based look. I usually pair these flower shorts with a black shirt and statement necklace, but this time I tried to find little elements that wouldn't toughen it up but instead match it's soft look. The pink blazer matched the flowers, as did the pastel bag, and the white just adds a light feel to the whole look. Of course, I had to go with heels since I'm weirdly obsessed with making myself look taller 24/7, and went with these sandals that I've thankfully broken into. No need for those band-aids anymore, yes!


I remember the day my mom and I found these necklaces at Topshop. We spent a few good minutes scouring the jewelry section, to finally find the pair that came with an "M." It was definitely worth the hunt.


Fun fact: I first laid my eyes on these shorts about 2 years ago, I think at Aritzia and they were waay overpriced. My heart broke as each time I would come into the store, they would just hang there, taunting me with it's cuteness and expensive price tag. Fortunately, that year at the Aritzia Warehouse Sale, I found these shorts for, I think about 1/4 of the original price and in my size! I think that was the day I learned that patience is a virtue.


P.S. I apologize for the blurriness. I just had to post this because I love these shoes so much.

 Here's a close-up of my jewelry! To be honest, what else is new.

Here's a quick pic of the outside of Cafe Joie. It's small but really cute and the food's pretty good. Plus it's actually not that far from where I live. Finally, a cafe I don't have to travel through the seven wonders for.




OUTFIT INFO: 

Blazer: Aritzia
Shirt: Topshop
Shorts: Aritzia
Necklace: Topshop
Belt: Forever 21
Bag: Kate Spade
Watch: American Apparel 
Sandals: Madewell (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment