Tuesday 30 September 2014

where's waldo


If these photos look messier or more rushed than usual, it's because it was (although 99% of my photos are rushed). I'm not a morning person, or a Monday person, so yesterday morning was particularly hard on me, especially since Day 1's are my academic days (sigh). Although, a highlight, and the reason I was rushed, was that afterschool I took it upon myself to treat myself to a movie I've been dying to see: The Skeleton Twins! I uploaded my review last night, so there are my thoughts on it in detail, but basically I adored it, and I love love love Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader! Sadly, all good things come to an end, as when I returned from a nice solo film trip, I was welcomed home with Chemistry, Physics, and English homework. Oh, sigh.



It is now the second week of school, which is my cue to try and step up my game on what I'm wearing! I'm a believer in wearing whatever I feel like, no matter the occasion, so I tend to like to dress up for school (especially after the first week is over. I agree with many beauty gurus when they say that the first week everyone tries their best. After that, people start to relax, which is the best time to amp it up). Although, while I wanted to look nice, it is Monday, and I did know I was going to be chowing down on buttery popcorn afterschool, so I wore my loose and comfy boyfriend jeans. Originally, I was going for a grungier look, and I paired my red striped shirt with a flannel around the waist, but last minute decided to look more put together, and just simply did that by wearing my ankle booties. I went really minimal with the jewelry, and as much as I'd like to have a smart explanation to why I did that, it's simply just because I was running late this morning.


Two perfect examples of classic wardrobe pieces: the striped shirt and short necklaces. Do not let fashion magazines and other people bring you down: stripes are life. Don't listen to the haters that say it makes you look larger: the key is in the fit! As for short necklaces, the layering opportunities are endless, and they're so delicate you can pair them with any outfit.


I spent this summer on a wild hunt for the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans. I'm shorter and not really on the thin side, so this was like Mission Impossible for me. Luckily I stumbled upon these at Zara and fell in love. I never thought I'd wear any other jeans except for skinnies, but now I see what I've been missing out on. Now all I need is the actual boyfriend to go with the boyfriend jeans.

These boots look like they're on the verge of death but that just means I really love them (we all show affection in different ways).




OUTFIT INFO: 

Striped shirt: Topshop (similar)
Necklaces: Topshop
Flannel: TNA / Aritzia (similar)
Watch: American Apparel (x)
Boyfriend jeans: Zara (x)
Ankle boots: Topshop (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment