Monday 22 September 2014

cryptic code


 Even though I love going out and I love adventures, there is nothing I love more than films. Films are my passion, they are my life, and I dream of one day impacting the world with films, whether I be on the screen, behind it, or both, it does not matter, just the fact that I. Love. Films. So, even though today is the last day before school officially starts for me, and even though it was gorgeous out, I chose to spend the day at the theatre, as I haven't gone in quite a long while. I took pictures with my friends quickly before heading to the closest theatre near us, Silvercity Metropolis, to watch The Maze Runner. Hopefully, by the time this is up, I'll have written a review on the film, but to put it simply: I liked it much more than I expected to. The plot was pretty good, the acting wasn't bad, and not gonna lie, there was plenty of eye candy in the film that I thoroughly enjoyed (here's looking at you, Mr. O'Brien). OH! The entire time, there was this little kid behind me who shouted out comments at absolutely everything, including a hilariously timed "WHAT" during an intense scene. Anyways, with the movie pretty much taking up most of my day, after it was finished I just grabbed a quick dinner at Tim Hortons, and went home, to finish up some posts, and watch an episode of Sherlock. Speaking of that, I am one episode away from being caught up, and I think I'll probably start it once I'm done this. Better get to it.




The only time I truly do put comfort before fashion is when I'm going to the movies. I find it much more important to wear comfortable clothes that will effectively hide my food baby, than to wear the cutest outfit I own. With that in mind, I slipped on my boyfriend jeans, as they are loose and I don't have to worry about suffocation, like with high-waisted shorts. I threw on a simple graphic t-shirt from Zara, and a plain long necklace. Going with the simple scheme, I chose my Aldo flats for shoes, and grabbed my old, bent-way-out-of-shape Topshop bag. Because it's so old and ratty, it's the perfect bag for sneaking in Mcdonald's (greasy fries in a Kate Spade bag? I don't think so). Lastly, on my way there, since it was sunny, I put on my sunglasses, as a final touch to the look.


I remember seeing a clutch of some sort with the exact same print. I think I'm going to get that for myself soon, it's rather cute.


Boyfriend jeans are one of the best style staples I've bought in a loooong time. They are so comfortable, and can easily be dressed up or down. They're like the skinny jeans, comfier, more relaxed sibling. As a person who's been wearing skinnies since the dawn of time, I can't begin to explain how nice it is to have room in my pants.

To be quite honest, I have a really good feeling that I accidentally bought these shoes in a size that's a tad too small for me. For the most part, they're fine, they're not too bad, but I've come to realize that after a long day of walking, my toes were honest to god, killing me. Sigh, if my feet had hands, they would honestly shoot me for all the pain I put them through.

It has been about 7 years since I first met Asahi, but it feels like a lifetime (not in a good way. Kidding, kidding. Mostly kidding). Because we've known each other for so long, she's one of those people that I can spend a whole day doing nothing with, but we can both still call that a successful hangout. Going to the movies is a usual pastime for us. We stuff our faces with all sorts of junk food, complain when we lose at Timeplay, make silly comments before the movie starts, make sillier comments during the movie, and most of all, make silly and stupid comments after the movie. Aaah, friendship.




OUTFIT INFO: 

Shirt: Zara
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: 8th and Main (similar)
Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Watch: American Apparel
Bag: Topshop
Boyfriend jeans: Zara
Belt: Forever 21 (I think) (similar)
Shoes: Aldo 

No comments:

Post a Comment