Friday 26 September 2014

one day i'll fly away



It's only my third day of school, yet I have managed to a) annoy a teacher (I think. Note to teachers if you one day read this: just because I'm loud does not mean I'm stupid), b) procrastinate on my homework (like seriously, I have done the safety unit for the last 3 years, must I do it again), and c) get annoyed until I'm on the verge of tears. That's a good start. Despite all that though, I am happy that it's much easier to get back into schedule. I have enjoyed my English class quite a bit (fun students + fun teacher, ayee), and while I didn't get the Chem teacher I wanted, I'm glad to have some good friends in that class. French is a party, and I'm learning to enjoy Physics, so I guess you could say class-wise, things are going just fine. Although, figuring out which teacher to become a service student for has been tougher than I imagined. My all-time favourite teacher already has about 5 other kids lining up to service for him, and another one of my choices is unfortunately replaced by a substitute that makes me want to rip my hair out. Sigh. At least I got to watch the premiere of How to Get Away with Murder tonight (I swear this is not something to be worried about). For a show that's basically like Suits but in college and revolved around murder, it's wickedly good.





 The moment that Pumpkin Spice starts returning to every food joint, I know that fall is here, and that it is time to bring back one of my favourite accessories: circle scarves. For some reason, I don't feel that regular scarves look good on me. They're cute, but I can never manage to wrap them nicely, so that's why circle scarves are like a gift sent from the heavens. They add a cute, cozy feel to any look, and on a simple look, like this one, it just adds depth and makes it more interesting. I wore one of my favourite patterned sweaters, that is oh-so cozy and perfect for the fall, either on it's own or on top of a button down. For my bottoms, I wore a pair of light blue skinnies that I really should wear more often since my dark blue jeans are actually dying. As usual, I am almost never seen without either heels or boots, or boots with heels, so I finished off the look with my black ankle booties.


Fun fact: I actually got this sweater, not from Topshop, but from Topman. I find that Topman, and other stores I shop at with a guys' section, have the best selection for graphic shirts and interesting sweaters. They're oversize, and extremely soft and cozy, and honestly that alone makes me love guys' clothing so much. To add on to that though, they tend to have more intriguing patterns and designs as well. Needless to say, at least 50% of all my fall/winter sweaters are from the Men's section. No shame.


Whilst taking pictures at a nearby complex, we were photobombed by the most adorable army of little kids! At first, I thought they would just disregard us, but I overheard the first boy (in the red, pictured in the first photo) saying "They're taking pictures! PHOTOBOMB!" And that was when my heart melted. I'm (sadly) not going to upload all the photos with them in the background, as you would probably die of cuteness. After much giggling and some stares whilst we finished shooting, I thought that that would be goodbye; I was wrong. They proceeded to follow us like little spies, hiding every time we turned around, equipped with their little toy swords and such. I'm pretty sure I squealed at least a dozen times.




OUTFIT INFO: 

Sweater: Topman
Circle Scarf: I can't remember (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (x)
Watch: American Apparel (x)
Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Boots: Topshop (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment