Wednesday 24 September 2014

never grow up


First full day of school! Woohoo. Thankfully, not all my classes were as bad as I thought, and as that was my first official day as a senior, I guess you could say I was a tad excited. One thing I'm not too happy about though is that for the first week of school, we have to attend homeroom 20 minutes before school is supposed to actually begin, so that's a bummer. Anyways, my school runs on a Day1/Day2 basis: 4 classes on Day 1, the other 4 on Day 2, and we live by that for the whole year (we also have 4 rotations, so we experience each class as every block). Yesterday was a Day 1, so after homeroom, I began the day with English. I'm glad to have the same teacher as last year, as I'm sure she's taught me more and helped me improve more in my writing than any other English teacher I had before her. After, I had Chem. The teacher was alright, but I'm happy to have a nice core group of friends I can count on. Lunch was lunch, and after it was French Honours. I've known the class for about 3 years now, and this is my second year with the teacher, so it was just like one big reunion (quite fun, full of laughs). Lastly, I had Physics. Originally a class I was just going to drop, I ended up sticking with it since a) my classmates are quite funny, b) I had the teacher last year and I did quite well in his class, and c) turns out, I understood the material more than I thought. Can't say it wasn't a bad way to begin the new year.



I've noticed that a few of my fave Youtubers seem to follow this one rule: There's no need to dress up for the first day, since everyone will do that. Instead, opt to look nicer later on in the school year, or even in that week, since that's when everyone will start to get lazy. I tried to do just that, by opting for something simple, classic and cute for the first day. I wore a sweater I bought with the cutest pearl collar, for an innocent, timeless look. Yes, I wore them with my favourite jeans, and to play up on the softness and girly-ness of the look, I went for flats and minimal jewelry.


For a brief time last year, I was completely and utterly obsessed with Peter Pan collars. Under shirts, layering button downs under sweaters, you name it, I wore it. Which is exactly why I fell in love with this sweater. It's the ideal collared sweater (black and white, oh so delicate), but with a twist since on the collar, there are pearls (which only adds to the delicateness. Score!).

My feet did not die yesterday, nor did it get (too) soaked in the rain. Yes!


OUTFIT INFO: 

Sweater: This store in Gastown (I forgot, sorry!) (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (x)
Shoes: Aldo (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment