Sunday 28 September 2014

batter up


The weekend is here and I am filled with cheer (seriously, why am I not a songwriter)! I got to rest up after a week of sleeping at 2 and waking up at 6:45, and I finally do not feel like zombie in the morning. To add to that, I met up with my friend, Grace, who, even though I saw her almost every day in the summer, I was quite glad to see since we don't go to the same school. She helped me catch up on shoots (as well as she might help me on a surprise project tomorrow. Exciting!), and then we talked about classes and school and anything that came to mind over some Starbucks before she had her volunteer. Once she left, I went downtown to meet up with my parents. My mom had some extra Bay points, resulting in $110 off at Topshop (godbless)! Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day shopping. After a few hours of browsing and buying, I made my way on home. As of right now, I am ending off my Saturday in the best way possible: by watching the season premier of SNL hosted by Chris Pratt. Aaaaah, I'm hooked on a feeling... 





Shopping days are one of the hardest things to dress for. On one hand, you want to look nice since you're going to a nice store, and there's just this constant need to look to impress at a nice store. But on the other hand, you're just going to keep on changing in and out of those clothes. I did my best to accommodate to both needs with this look. There's nothing easier to slip on than a shirt and jeans. I went with a classic baseball tee (my latest obsession), and just went really minimal with the jewelry, since I didn't want a huge hassle while changing. I rolled up my skinny jeans to make my look more polished, and wore ankle booties to accentuate the polished effect. Finally, I tied a flannel around my waist, simply because one can never go wrong with flannel.

 I cannot seem to get my shirt in place. Oh well. Like shirt, like owner.


I will never stop tying flannel around my waist. There's something so effortless yet put together about that look that I adore. Sad news though, I will have to retire these jeans as it's on the verge of dying and ripping everywhere. Good news: I got two new pairs in dark blue and black! Yes!


Also, while we're talking about retiring and buying new items, I got myself a new pair of black ankle booties! Do not fret, I am not retiring these as these booties are no longer shoes to me, but like a close, dear friend. I am, however, just adding a new pair to the family. I need black boots that are fresh, and clean, and don't look like they've been stepped on a thousand times.



OUTFIT INFO: 

Baseball Tee: Aritzia (x)
Crystal Necklace: Urban Outfitters (x)
Red Flannel: TNA/ Aritzia (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (x)
Skull Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Watch: American Apparel (x)
Ankle Booties: Topshop (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment