Friday 12 September 2014

spotted


In September, Vancouver weather tends to be the most annoying thing on the face of the Earth. Why? Well, in the early morning, the weather starts off quite chilly but somehow, by the afternoon it suddenly becomes sweltering hot, only for it to be freezing in just another few hours. Basically, the weather goes from frostbite-worthy, to the face of the sun, to the sub-Arctic. Every. Single. Day. Sadly, yesterday was no exception. I went to go meet up with one of my friends, whom I hardly ever get to see, for a nice catch-up day in Downtown. We strolled, gossiped, and went to Cafe Crepe and one of my favourite cafes, Faubourg Paris. When the sun was starting to set, we skytrained to Canada Place, for some more strolling and gossiping. As you would expect, just as the sky was painted by the most beautiful colours, our legs were in danger of getting frostbite, and that's when we decide to trek on home, whilst cursing the Vancouver weather.


 

Anyone that knows me pretty well, or basically even sees me quite often, can probably tell that I love monochrome outfits. There's something so classic and interesting about pairing an entire outfit, head-to-toe in the two most basic shades (and don't get me started with how much I love adding just a pop of colour into it, sigh). That's why black-and-white patterned clothing articles excite me so much. They make monochrome outfits so much more interesting and add a layer of dimension in my opinion. When I saw this shirt at Topshop, it truly was love at first sight. I decided to make the most of the (briefly) warm weather and paired this patterned shirt with my black shorts and black boots to make a monochrome outfit. Of course, for the pop of colour I just put on a statement necklace (a must-have in anyone's wardrobe. Seriously. It'll come in handy), and wore my Kate Spade bag. In total, I used a total of two shades and one colour for the entire outfit (if you ignore the gold in the necklace). Love it.



Here's a close-up of both my shirt and my necklace. Wow, double whammy!


Fun fact: one of my closest friends, who has taken 90% of all the pictures on this blog, took her dog out yesterday during our little mini shoot. Her name is Coco and she may just be the cutest thing I have ever seen.




OUTFIT INFO:

Shirt: Topshop
Shorts: Hot Topic (I think????)
Necklace: Topshop
Bracelet: Brandy Melville
Watch: American Apparel
Bag: Kate Spade
Shoes: Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment