Saturday 20 September 2014

trooping around



Fall would not be fall in Vancouver without endless rain. We don't have the nickname Raincouver for nothing. Yesterday I was supposed to have a small AHS-themed photoshoot, but it had to be rainchecked due to some showers in the morning/early afternoon. Instead, I went to Downtown briefly with my friend so she could exchange some film, but that didn't work as planned and we briefly scanned the racks at UO and Topshop, before skytraining back. Next, I stopped by my house to not only meet up with my neighbour, but grab my laptop and a DVD before heading to my friend, Asahi's, house for a chill day. I took pictures on the road outside her house, and what I thought would just be a quick visit ended up in me and a few other people staying till around 9:30. Oops. We ate tons of junk food, I made a blog post, and we ended off the night by watching old elementary school slideshows. I don't think I've laughed louder and cringed harder in my life.





Fall is here and I have never been happier! My number one, absolute fall must-have (after plaid) are military jackets. Plain, simple ones, patterned ones, ones with patches, it does not matter: military jackets are life. I got this jacket as a gift from my mom, and I am in love with how the leather sleeves instantly amp up the look. It's much edgier than just a simple green one and perfect for those days where I don't want to think about layering, but want to go for a fancier look. I went pretty simple for the rest of my outfit, tucking in a striped tank top into my go-to skinny jeans. I layered two simple necklaces (again), and because I knew that a) I'd be walking quite a bit, and b) I wasn't going anywhere too fancy, I went with my riding boots instead of heels for a classic yet comfy look.


I have missed wearing jackets so much. Words can't explain how happy I am that I can incorporate leather and just jackets in general into my wardrobe again.

99% sure these were my mom's boots and I kind of just took them and claimed them as my own.





OUTFIT INFO: 

Jacket: Aritzia 
Shirt: Aritzia (similar) (similar)
Necklace: Short: Topshop
                 Long: Urban Outfitters 
Jeans: American Eagle 
Boots: Mom's closet (similar) (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment