Thursday 18 September 2014

backstreet's back



Fall is here and I couldn't be happier!! The weather is finally starting to cool down, and I have never been happier to be able to wear jeans again without sweating a puddle. I spent, what I considered to be, the first day of autumn at my friend's house for yet another Board Game Day. Although lately, it's less board games, and more Cards Against Humanity. Who can complain though, the game is extremely fun and hilarious, and the hours flew by whilst we played it. Finally, when it seemed that it was getting later, I took some pics quickly, and then went to Neighbour's for an early dinner with my friends, Jessica and Marian. The vegetarian deluxe pizza was so bomb, oh god I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Before the night ended, I watched the first episode of Season 2 of Sherlock, as well as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the second time. While both were extremely great to watch, I really should stop late-night binge eating/watching.



There's just something about double denim. Yes, there is a very fine line between trendy and looking like a Backstreet Boy, but I feel like how good well-done double denim is, is worth the risk. So, I thought, what better way to ring in the cold weather than with classic denim on denim? I wore my favourite jeans that go with absolutely everything (not to mention are comfy as heck). I paired it with a simple denim shirt that took me forever to find, since nowadays almost every single button down has some sort of design or stud added to it. For a pop of colour, I grabbed my bright red bag, and I wore my usual jewelry. Lastly, since I knew I wasn't going to be doing much that day, I wore my basic Vans, giving my feet a nice break from the heels I usually wear.



I love how bright this bag is. Usually, I'm a bit conscious and scared to wear such bold colours, but because of it's size and structure, I truly feel like this is such a perfect bag to add "oomph" to an otherwise plain outfit.

Just a quick picture I took while in the middle of our Cards Against Humanity game. Please don't mind the bad quality. Despite what it looks like, we actually had a lot of fun.

Fun fact: everytime Jessica (pictured here) types my name onto her phone, it autocorrects my name into all-caps. I feel like that is an extremely accurate depiction of our friendship.

 The pizza at Neighbour's with Jessica and Marian! Oh god I could really go for some pizza right now.

If you had a pizza but didn't take a picture with it, did you really have a pizza?




OUTFIT INFO: 

Shirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace: Topshop
Watch: American Apparel 
Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle 
Bag: Aldo (similar)
Shoes: Vans (similar in black)

No comments:

Post a Comment