Thursday 11 September 2014

only by the night


It's a shame when you pick out an outfit you kinda really like but don't have anywhere really nice to go to. What was supposed to have been just a "t-shirt and shorts" kind of day escalated into a look that I could easily wear for an entire day of exploring and shopping. Oh well. Today (it is currently 12:00 pm as I write this and I do still consider it Wednesday) was, what my friends and I call, Game Day: an entire day spent playing board games and card games. Being an extremely competitive person this is both the best and worst way to spend the day. Best, as I love playing different games, they're so fun and I never really had the chance to do so as a kid since I'm an only child, but also the worst since last time we had one of these days I think I lost 5 years off my life after a really heated round of Taboo. Anyways, today was strictly dedicated to Cards Against Humanity. I have quite an offensive sense of humour so to say I was pretty excited to play this would be an understatement. It certainly did not disappoint! I would say it is more fun to play that in a somewhat smaller environment, but it is highly entertaining no matter what. I do wish I could write out some of the jokes on here, but there is a reason the card game is not sold in Canada (I'm 99.9% that I'm going to go to hell after some of the answers I gave during one of the rounds).






Side note: I'm incredibly indecisive hence the reason for so many pictures on this post! I apologize about that. Anyways, moving on, while I do admit that I'm not a die-hard Kings of Leon fan, I do like their album, Only by the Night, and frankly, I just really like this shirt. One of my favourite Youtubers, clothesencounters (Jenn Im), has stated before that she prefers not to wear band tees of bands that she doesn't listen to, and for the most part I do as well... this just happens to be the small, slight exception. Oh well, I hope I don't get too much hate for it. I need to stop getting sidetracked, like I mentioned earlier, I planned for a simple shirts and shorts day, but for some reason once I grabbed the Kings of Leon t-shirt (which I surprisingly hadn't worn in months), this entire outfit just came to mind. High-waisted shorts can be quite uncomfortable but more than make up for it by how cute it looks.

I pair my gold chain necklace with almost any shirt that it doesn't clash with since I feel it gives any outfit a little bit of "umph.

I remember I got this shirt way, way back when I used to shop at Hot Topic. I admit I have outgrown their initial style and look and everything (we don't talk about grade 7 me. We. Don't. Talk. About. It.), but I will still say that if you're looking for a band tee, some of their choices aren't bad. Nowadays, I find that I rarely ever by band tees unless I am a) a die-hard fan, and b) the design is cute, but if you're just in need for a band tee of any sort, I 100% guarantee that Hot Topic will have at least one shirt that you will like.


 I have wanted Doc Martens since the beginning of time and the day I bought my first pair was one of the greatest days of my life. Surprisingly, it didn't take too long for me to break them in, but then again I've been told I have "gremlin feet" (I swear they're not that small).

  Lastly, a floppy hat was on my summer wish-list this year, and I'm happy to say that I finally found my dream hat while in New York, and I couldn't just not pair it with this outfit.




OUTFIT INFO: 

Hat: Brandy Melville
Shirt: Hot Topic
Shorts: American Apparel
Boots: Doc Martens
Necklace: Topshop
Watch: American Apparel
Bracelet: Brandy Melville

No comments:

Post a Comment