Thursday 25 September 2014

maroon melancholy



Note to self: when switching out of courses, pray that your school does not have a strike. Otherwise, the wait for course change can be up to 3 or 4 hours. Thankfully, mine was only an hour, hour and a half max. Anyways, I have officially gone through my entire schedule once! Today was a Day 2, and because it's still the first week of school, I still had to go to homeroom earlier (it's only 20 minutes earlier, but it's 20 minutes of extra sleep). My first class was Acting, and words cannot explain how happy I was to realize who was in my class. Familiar faces, along with people I wanted to get to know better, my class was filled with people who weren't only good actors, but funny and lighthearted, as well as hardworking (well some of them anyways). It's gonna be a fun year. After that was Sociology! Once again, I was blessed to be put in a good class with a teacher who last time I had him favoured me. Good teacher who likes me and a super interesting and fun course? Check and check! After lunch, was pre-calc, and while I usually hate math, I've been lucky this year in that I got a really chill math teacher who actually teaches (note: my last year teacher spent 20 minutes every day doing nothing. Nothing. I almost cried at how little I learned). Lastly, I had marketing, and that is where my luck ends. I waited about an hour to drop the course, and now I am left with a free block, which might turn into a block where I can be a teacher's assistant. Needless to say, I celebrated my not-so-bad classes by having a Booster Juice with some friends.



Vancouver has been really annoying me lately with the fact that it pours rain every morning, and it is incredibly warm by the time I leave school. Do I freeze to death as well as get drenched on my way to class or melt my skin off on my way home? Decisions, decisions! That still doesn't stop me from getting into the fall mood by dressing in some layers! A trench coat is one of my absolute wardrobe essentials, so I paired one with a classic white tee, and to add some nice depth (as well as give me a cute, thin cover-up in school) I wore a denim shirt on top of it. Obviously, I can't wear a white shirt without adding layered necklaces, so I did just that.I haven't worn my maroon jeans in a while, and I thought they'd be more interesting than just basic blue, and because it was raining and I didn't want to be too fancy (yet), I just wore Doc Martens.


Trust me when I say that despite these obviously staged photos, Jessica is one of the most annoying people I have ever met... and that is why we click so well. Despite only meeting in grade 8 (where she lied and told me she was great at French, only to copy my work the next class, thanks Jess), I can easily say it feels like I've known her for a lifetime. After waiting for course changes with me, Jess came by to have some Booster Juice and help me take pics. To be honest, this has surprisingly been the most we have done in a hangout in a while. That's pretty shocking since I see Jess almost weekly. We usually just take naps when we meet up. Yep, these pics don't really fit our friendship very well.

But this one kinda does. Heart ya, Jess.





OUTFIT INFO: 

Trooper Jacket: Aritzia (x)
Denim Button-Down: Forever 21 (similar)
White Shirt: Topshop (x)
Short Jewel Necklace: Topshop
Long Crystal Necklace: Urban Outfitters (x)
Watch: American Apparel (x)
Bracelet: Brandy Melville (similar)
Jeans: Topshop (similar)
Boots: Doc Martens (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment